Multi-Energy Group, LLC (“Multi-Energy”), which was established in 1997, began as an energy marketing and management company, providing energy and related services to municipalities, public sector entities and multi-national corporations. Energy-related consulting services remain one of the company’s core disciplines, and are led by Mr. Herb Joseph, one of our vice-presidents. Mr. Joseph has a career that encompasses over 25 years of energy, utility, program & project management and holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is a certified energy manager (CEM) and has been granted a mark of distinction as a “Chartered Legend in Energy” by the Association of Energy Engineers, for his work in the energy industry.
- Energy Benchmark studies
- Green Energy Strategies and water conservation measures
- Energy audits and Utility Bill reconciliation
- HVAC equipment preventative maintenance
- Feasibility studies for implementing diesel generators
- Energy Efficient Lighting retrofits
- Pricing strategies and utility rate optimization
- Project and program management for power generation and utilities
- Energy procurement
- Preparation of RFPs and RFQs for energy products and services
We have provided the above services to schools, hospitals, commercial and industrial facilities and municipalities. For example, Multi-Energy has negotiated and managed over $30 million in energy performance contracts including lighting retrofits, HVAC upgrades and water conservation measures. We represented the Atlanta Public School system as program manager for their HVAC equipment maintenance and energy performance contract. We performed project measurement, verification, and utility bill auditing including rate optimization. To date, over $1 million in verifiable water, sewer and electricity refunds for Atlanta Public School System have been obtained.
Energy Products and Services:
- LED Lighting, Including Streetlights, Utility cameras, Generators, Solar Equipment Sales and Service.
Sales and Distribution:
- Multi-Energy also sales and distributes energy efficient products and services.
Selected Representative Projects:
- Program Management of Atlanta Public Schools HVAC equipment operating maintenance and energy performance contract program
- Program Management of Atlanta Public Schools Water, Sewer, Gas & Electricity purchases
- Managed procurement and delivery of two, 60 megawatt combined cycle generators for Jamaica Public Service Company;
- Managed Energy Equipment Procurement for Atlanta Public Schools
- Managed energy efficiency project, equipment procurement and lighting retrofit project for five Kroger Manufacturing Facilities in the State of Georgia
- Performed energy consulting project for MARTA in a joint venture with Public Energy Partners and Sterling Energy Group-This contract was to evaluate MARTA’s energy usage and make recommendations on how they could better utilize energy and save money. This assignment resulted in MARTA’s implementation of the suggested cost saving measures.
- Managed gas supply for the City of Atlanta Public School System in a Joint Venture with Georgia Natural Gas. Also managed utilities for Defense Energy, Department of Defense Contract in a joint venture with Georgia Natural Gas. Managed utilities for General Motors Plant in a joint venture with Georgia Natural Gas.
- Managed, procured and delivered energy commodities to AT&T Operations nationwide.
- Managed energy/utility project for Jamaica Public Service Co.